Marriott Rewards is giving points for linking social media accounts.
* 250 points for connecting your Facebook account
* 250 points for connecting your Instagram account
* 250 points for connecting your Twitter account
* 125 points for following Marriott Rewards on Twitter
* 125 points for following Marriott Rewards on Instagram
1000 Marriott Rewards points won’t get you much. It’s worth around £5. However, if you are starting with points, it can be a good start. I will be moving my (and my wife’s) points to our SPG (Starwood Preferred Guest) accounts. SPG to Marriott Rewards transfer rate is 1:3, so it will give us 333 SPG points or 333 miles as you can convert SPG points 1:1 to most major airlines.
Make sure that your earn preferences are set to points instead of miles. I had it on British Airways Executive Club miles first, and although I connected my social media, I didn’t get any points (I had to open a new account to get it).
You can disconnect your accounts afterward (which I would recommend). You need to log out of your account and log in again to see the points in your account.